Do any of these situations sound familiar to you?
- You have decided to move in together, but sharing physical (and emotional) space is a bit more stressful than you imagined it would be. There must be a way to negotiate more closet space!
- You're newly engaged with a wedding to plan! So much to do, so little time.so many opinions, so little harmony. How can you two keep everyone happy and your sanity, too?
- You're newlyweds and the honeymoon is over. How exactly do you stay in love for a lifetime and out of divorce court?
- A precious baby is on the way! An event to surely change your life. How can you build on your relationship strengths and become terrific parents?
- You've been married awhile, but things just aren't going as smoothly as you expected. With work and kids and chores, not to mention family and volunteering obligations, there's so much happening all the time that it's hard to remember why you got married in the first place.
- You're in a crisis and on the absolute verge of splitting up. You've tried and tried and tried to make it work! What more can you do?
Have you ever considered the option of couples coaching?
This service can be extremely supportive for all aspects of your relationship. For new couples, newlyweds, and new parents, we can help define common expectations and highlight differences in communication styles and stress reactions. For married couples, we can help you reenergize your commitment and rejuvenate passion. For those couples in crisis, we can teach you how to heal your pain by using effective conflict resolution skills.
Ask Mars Venus has several experts on staff who are trained to offer couples coaching.
Coaching, in general, is a unique process. It's quite different from therapy or counseling because our coaches are solution-oriented. We offer practical skills based on Dr. John Gray's world renown Mars Venus concepts that you can apply to your relationship right away.with amazing results!
We've discovered that couples coaching works best when each partner has at least one individual session with a coach before having a joint session. This ensures that each of you have the opportunity to fully express your concerns without fear, or worry about hurting the other person's feelings. Of course, all calls are confidential, which allow you to safely express your deepest feelings while in a personal session with a coach. Afterwards, you will meet with your coach--once you've had the opportunity to fully express yourself personally and when both partners agree they are ready to take that next step.
As you can imagine, when both partners are on a call there are multiple points of view that need to be considered and addressed. This can make for a complex conversation, and it becomes vitally important that each partner on the call feel equally supported. When this happens effectively, the person who did not initially seek the help is more likely to stay involved. However, even if your partner isn't quite ready to participate or isn't comfortable with the process, you can reap many benefits, and the relationship dynamics can improve by beginning or continuing the coaching process on your own.
Once your coach has some background information about your relationship and the particular issues you are facing (both as a couple and individually), the three of you will develop and commit to a plan of action together. This plan often incorporates exercises that can give you more clarity about your situation or encourage you to explore your options and the likely consequences of each. It also can include learning more about the inherent differences between men and women, as well as new communication techniques and conflict resolutions skills that you can apply directly and immediately to your relationship.
Don't put off working on your relationship until it's too late. Call 1-888-627-7836 to get started today.